DEAP Family Support Specialist - Miles City in Miles City, Montana
This is a full-time position coaching families to build capacity surrounding their child's assessed delay. Interest in working across cultures is a must!
This is a home visiting intervention program serving families who have children with developmental disabilities. The family support specialist uses a coaching model to support families in meeting goals they have set for their child, assesses child and family needs, maintains records, coordinates with other professionals, and advocates for families. Flexible hours and travel to other towns in Southeastern Montana are required.
- Interest or experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with families/individuals in home-based settings.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs for individuals and helping them reach goals
- Knowledge of child development and behaviors.
- Ability to focus on family as primary unit of service.
- Ability to utilize structured interviewing skills.
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate services with other community agencies.
- Ability to maintain a respectful, sincere, nonjudgmental attitude.
- Ability to work with other professionals in a team approach.
- Ability to prepare and keep routine records and reports.
- Strong computer, communication, and organizational skills
- Full Certification for Family Support Specialist (must be completed within two years from hire date)
- Personal Vehicle and Valid Montana Driver's license.
- Criminal records background check, CPS check and DMV check. (provided upon job offer)