Billings Clinic Per Diem Radiology Technologist (Miles City) in MILES CITY, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Per Diem Radiology Technologist (Miles City)
MILES CITY CLINIC (BILLINGS CLINIC MILES CITY)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $21.12 - 24.82 per hour, plus $2.25 per diem rate
Under general supervision, operates radiographic equipment to obtain ordered radiographs consistent with department routines and procedures. In doing so, positions patients, adjusts equipment for proper exposure settings and develops films/images following the procedure and facilitates image storage in the PACS system. Also assists physicians and Radiology RPAs in performing examinations by administering/providing contrast media and assisting with procedures as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Ensures radiological services provided are in compliance with standards established by Billings Clinic, local, state and federal agencies.
• Performs quality procedures and radiographs using the appropriate department routine as ordered and be able to perform those examinations using all the general radiographic equipment.
• Prepares the room, equipment and supplies as dictated by the particular examination or patient need and processes the necessary radiographs.
• Prepares the patient for the examination by ensuring the patient is attired properly, explains the examination to the patient and transfers and positions the patient as needed. Demonstrates awareness of radiation safety for patients, self, and co-workers in particular by using appropriate shielding for patients. Assists the patient at the end of the examination.
• Informs Manager or Supervisor of any unusual concerns, situations, or conditions relative to staff, patients and physicians. Assists with stocking and cleaning their assigned room daily. Maintains adequate inventory of all required supplies by appropriately utilizing supply management software/hardware and/or informing appropriate personnel for acquisition.
• Performs a variety of clerical and image management tasks, as required, such as working up patients, completing the appropriate paperwork following each examination, properly identifies exams for PACS storage and review.
• Identifies need and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Is responsible for taking an active role in the mentoring of the student technologist staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned or need to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of a recognized approved American Medical Association Council of Education program in Radiological Technology.
Certifications and Licenses
• Certification by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), OR board eligible (must achieve ARRT credential within six months of employment)
• CPR Certification for health care providers - At hire
• Current Montana license as a Radiology Technologist/Regional RT must possess additional current state license as appropriate to service site - At hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.