Billings Clinic Radiation Therapist in Miles City, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RADIATION ONCOLOGY (Billings Clinic Miles City)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 31.03 - 37.24
Provides radiation therapy services by contributing as an essential member of the radiation oncology treatment team. Responsible for performing the accurate delivery of prescribed radiation therapy under the direction of a Radiation Oncologist, using a variety of complex techniques and equipment. Shares and coordinates key information with other members of the healthcare team. Performs radiation therapy procedures on all patients served to include pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Essential Job Functions
• Administers a course of radiation therapy as prescribed by the radiation oncologist. Maintains daily records and documents technical details of treatment administered. Understands use of all treatment accessories.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of CT Simulation techniques to provide backup in CT Simulation. Coordinates with the radiation oncologist and physics staff to insure proper positioning and measurements for planning and calculations
• Understands the function and utilization of therapy treatment equipment. Is familiar with all equipment in their work areas as to include function, emergency shutdown procedures, warm-up procedures, and usage as it applies to the radiation therapy patient
• Communicates with patients, other health professionals and the public. Provides patient care and comfort essential to radiation therapy. Observes the first signs of any complications and relays information to physician or radiation oncology nurse.
• Maintains knowledge of billing/patient charges and generates daily charges on the ARIA software.
• Performs monitor unit calculations in accordance with established procedures when appropriate. Performs checks on patients’ charts for accuracy and documentation according to established procedures
• Maintains knowledge of mold room procedures. Is able to construct electron blocks or other devices as appropriate
• Is assigned to the on call schedule as per established procedures. Is able to complete patient setup, calculations and treatment on emergency basis.
• Maintains all equipment within a therapist scope of practice, including logs. Reports equipment malfunctions to medical physicist, chief therapist or department manager. Participants in quality assessment and improvement plan
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Maintain clinical competencies for assigned clinical areas. Maintain ARRT Certification in radiation therapy with documented continuing education as required by ARRT.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s right
• National patient safety standards
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Various computer systems relating to radiation oncology
• Regulatory requirements and standards governing radiation therapy services
• Principles, practices and techniques of radiation therapy including guidelines for age-appropriate care
• Infection control procedures
• Hazcom and safety criteria
• National Patient Safety Goals
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must possess and demonstrate critical thinking skills
• Must be able to deal with busy environment with frequent interruptions
• Performing calculations for equipment settings
• Manual dexterity for operating technical equipment
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Will be required to lift 50 pounds unassisted
• Frequent bending and reaching involved
• Must have good mobility, coordination, and manual dexterity
• Practices within scope of radiation therapist
• Graduate from an accredited school of radiation therapy
• Registered in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists in Radiation (ARRT) OR Registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) within six (6) months of employment with Billings Clinic. All candidates must become registrants within six (6) months of employment with Billings Clinic.
• Current Health Care Provider CPR Certification
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.