SCL Health Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit PRN in Miles City, Montana
Job Description:The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members.
- Recognize and address patients' psychological and physical needs
- Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
- Assess a patients' medical status upon admission
- Assist in developing individualized treatment plans
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
- Oversee care delivered by LPNs and/or CNAs
- Participate in clinical team conferences
- Continually expand your knowledge
- Help improve our facility and safety programs
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively
- ASN from an accredited program, required
- BSN from an accredited program preferred
- Current Montana RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
- ACLS certification, required within six (6) months of hire
- PALS certification, required within one (1) year of hire
- At least one (1) year of nursing experience in a comparable setting, preferred
Physical Requirements:Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.- and -Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.- and -Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.- and -Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.- and -Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).- and -May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
Anticipated job posting close date:02/22/2024
Location:Holy Rosary Hospital
Work City:Miles City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.$33.09 - $49.56
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our, and for our ; and our commitment to.
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities