Missoula Developmental Service Corporation Accounting Manager in Missoula, Montana
Missoula Developmental Service Corporation (MDSC) is seeking a team-oriented Accounting Manager. MDSC is dedicated to providing a fulfilling, safe and positive work environment with a goal to support and enrich the lives of all those we serve. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and be team oriented to supervise the Business Office personnel.
The Accounting Manager will work closely under the Director of Operations and manage the financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and general ledger maintenance.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Maintain active, open and professional communications with all employees, community members, DPHHS personnel, family and advocates, as well as with others in support of MDSC and persons with developmental disabilities.
2. Manage the daily operations and personnel of the accounting department including:
client financial transactions
month and year-end process
3. Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
4. Prepare and/or review various monthly bank reconciliations.
5. Organize financial data to maintain updated records and document transactions.
6. Assist in preparing for various audits and regulatory reviews.
7. Prepare monthly Medicaid reimbursement claims.
8. Provide recommendations to improve systems and procedures.
9. Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or the CEO.
-Directly supervises the Business Office personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-B.S. degree in Business Administration or Accounting
-Five years of work experience as Accounting Supervisor or Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
-Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
-Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
-Ability to prioritize work.
-High attention to detail and accuracy.
-Ability to direct and supervise employees.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
-Affordable Health Insurance package that includes Dental and Medical Insurance for as little as $50/month.
-Employer paid $10,000 Life Insurance plan & Short Term Disability
-Low cost Vision Insurance
-403(b) Retirement Plan with matching company funds up to 3.5%; immediate vesting