Henningson, Durham & Richardson, PC Distribution Engineer in Missoula, Montana
Distribution Engineer (159257)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Join our team as an experienced Power Distribution Engineer.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Electrical Engineer we'll count on you to:
* Coordinate work of the electrical design team on large institutional/industrial projects through the schematic design development and contract document phase of a project
* Establish meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
* Coordinate workload to complete the document on schedule
* Conduct work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines
* Review electrical documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
* Write/edit electrical specifications and select equipment, electrical systems and devices
* Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders, and take responsibility to incorporate agreed-upon changes into the project documents
* Provide construction contract administration as needed
* Conduct QA/QC on the work of other Electrical Engineers, Electrical Coordinators or Technicians
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical emphasis; Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees with experience in power distribution will also be considered.
* Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* 5 years experience in electrical design of buildings (lighting/power/systems)
* Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.