Western Montana Mental Health Center EMR/Informatics Specialist in Missoula, Montana
WHY WORK FOR WMMHC?
Western Montana Mental Health Center is Montana's largest community mental health center with a mission-driven purpose of serving our communities. We serve well over 15,000 clients per year with almost 600 staff in 17 counties. We offer a broad continuum of care from community-based services to outpatient services to inpatient addiction recovery services. We believe in supporting our staff members in their work/life balance by providing flexible and personalized use of PTO. Western operates as a not-for-profit, public purpose corporation (501) (c)(3).
Generous PTO – Full-time employees eligible upon hire to accrue PTO
Low Cost Health Insurance with three available health plans
HSA Match for qualifying plans and full-time employees
Payroll Stipend in lieu of medical and HSA contribution for qualifying employees
Tuition Financial Assistance for qualifying clinical roles
This position will support end users with immediate need and tier1 issues and assist other members of IS team members to complete work orders as needed. The Informatics Specialist will identify and escalate tier2 issues to EHR vendor, track and respond to trouble tickets to ensure resolution. They will develop and maintain professional working relationships with employees, vendors, and participate effectively and positively in an Information Services team environment and assist senior manager’s/program directors with IS solutions when requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify, coordinate and resolve issues experienced by end-users of the EHR;
• Regularly review progress on support cases lodged with our EHR vendor, ensuring accountability for reasonable response times and appropriate outcomes;
• Ensure effective communications with end users to keep them apprised of the status of support cases and new developments;
• Identify and support EHR enhancement and development opportunities;
• Determine, disseminate and educate end-users on best practice use of the EHR;
• Build upon existing and/or create new data tools that meet organizational data reporting needs.
• Develop data-driven management reports that support informational, decision making and performance outcomes measurement goals.
• Develop and/or maintain data capture, extraction and reporting that support other electronic applications in use at WMMHC.
• Assist with the coordination and planning of system upgrades, related user communications and post-upgrade testing;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with an EHR or similar application, providing development and user support. While not essential, preference will be given to candidates with the following additional technical experience/skills:
• Experience working in an I-Series/AS400 environment as it relates to EHR functionality
• Working familiarity with relational database management systems (e.g. SQL, Power BI)
• Experience with an object oriented programming language.
• Completion of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training provided
• Ability to pass background check and driver’s license check upon offer of employment.
• Provide proof of auto liability insurance coverage per Western’s policies.
• Current and valid driver’s license with good driving record if required to transport clients while on work duty