RDO Equipment Regional Sales Manager (Ag) in Missoula, Montana
This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating the sales team members in our Missoula, Kalispell and Rapid City locations. This role will help develop, implement and maintain a strategic sales plan while being responsible for all aspects of sales operations in an effort to achieve lasting company loyalty.
Specific Duties Include:
• Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the region.
• Direct and motivate a professional sales team to accomplish the company’s objectives.
• Manage the activity in S2, expense reporting, and cross-functional reporting (i.e. service, parts, etc.).
• Accountable for ensuring all RDO Equipment Co. policies and procedures are followed within the store.
• Advise sales team throughout the sales process, including but not limited to prospecting and closing; performing research and acquiring information on target customers; developing goals, quotas, and forecasts; analyzing sales statistics; and developing sales campaigns.
• Coach and mentor sales team on the following topics; including but not limited to needs/features/benefits, closing, time and territory management, negotiating, product knowledge, productivity, and gross margin.
• Create and monitor annual sales department benchmarks and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
• Ensure customer satisfaction. Work with the sales team to know the customer’s current and future expectations and work with all store departments to resolve customer concerns.
• Work closely with manufacturer representatives.
• Lead the sales team to effectively understand and use manufacturers’ products and programs to attain acceptable market share levels.
• Manage inventory and assets.
• Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members.
• Foster an engaged work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
• Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers.
• Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with RDO Integrated Controls Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised.
• Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources.
• Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Previous supervisory/management experience
• Industry and/or heavy equipment retail sales experience
• Solid understanding of local market conditions
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• College degree preferred
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.