Providence Health & Services RN Cancer Care Program Navigator - Chemo Op Services *0.8 FTE, Days* in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling an Rn Cancer Care Program Navigator ( Chemo Op Services , Day Shift, 0.8 FTE, 23 Hours Per Week) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our ModernHire system!
In this position you will:
• Serves as a navigator for patients with all types of cancer.
• Works as a team with primary care and specialty physicians to ensure patient compliance and prompt follow up after abnormal findings.
• Collaborates with scheduling staff to assist patients with scheduling and re-scheduling missed appointments.
• Provides support and educational materials as appropriate.
• Serves as a liaison between the treating physician and the patients.
• Collaborates with team members, the patient, the patient’s family and others as appropriate in the development of a plan of care to meet the patient/family needs through the continuum of care. Ensures that barriers to treatment are overcome.
• Collaborates with appropriate team members to assure pre-certification approvals are obtained for diagnostic tests and treatment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Licensure as RN in the State of Montana upon hire is required
Certification as a Breast Health Navigator is required within 24 months of hire into the position
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
At least 3 years of acute clinical experience
At least 2 years of Oncology nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
OCN highly preferred
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital, have achieved Magnet status granted by the ANCC, and have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly, as well as received numerous other awards. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 325075