Providence Health & Services RN Care Coordinator - Temporary Position in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator ( Disaster , Day Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position will work in a COVID Clinic that includes the following responsibilities:
• Assess preoperative risk factors and assist with screening for covid-19. Help coordinate covid-19 testing for patients within specified time frame.
• Help track patients who have been identified as covid-19 close contacts to ensure their surgery or procedure is coordinated safely
• Communicate positive covid-19 results to patients when testing occurs during the preoperative period. Communicate with interdisciplinary team when Covid-19 positive patients have to undergo surgery.
• Assist procedural departments with covid-19 guidance and precautions when questions arise from staff and patients.
• Assist the preoperative testing clinics in staffing when necessary but also when staff have covid-19 related questions.
• Partner with the lab and infection prevention departments to help conserve testing resources with effective care coordination.
• Communicate with external clinics regarding testing updates, policy changes, covid-19 precautions, and scheduling of individual cases when necessary.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
• Assess barriers to care and stressors. Assesses the ongoing care needs of patients through interaction with patients, families and members of the health care team. Coordinates and plans for care consulting interdisciplinary team members as needed.
• Consult regarding cases that are presenting problems and/or experiencing significant deviations from the plan of care, conferring with the providers as needed.
• Demonstrate appropriate application of age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in assessing patients.
• Document in EPIC accurately and promptly patient assessment care and response to treatment, education, changes in patient’s status.
• Exercise clinical competence in the clinic and continuum setting including, but not limited to assessment, comprehensive evaluation, interpretation of diagnostic data, and coordination of patient care; collects/disseminates results of diagnostic tests.
• Help patient navigate health care system.
• Keep patient actively informed of treatment, anticipated responses while ensuring all necessary informed consents are signed prior to providing non-emergency care.
• Review available clinical data and gathers any missing data pertinent to scheduled procedures; leaves appropriate EPIC orders based on above information regarding patient’s clinical status and provider’s preference.
• Provide patient and family education on common topics including but not limited to: Diet, medication, activity, and diagnostic tests.
• Responsible for follow-up of referrals to specialists, other providers, and other agencies.
• Must have the ability to interpret medical record and make decisions based on the information documented.
• Disseminate patient-care related information to team members as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current RN licensure in Montana State
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
2 years Clinic Nursing experience
2 years Nursing experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 315021