QBE The Americas Senior Claims Adjuster - Crop in Missoula, Montana
At QBE, we are always looking to connect with top talent - for current vacancies as well as for future opportunities. It is our aim to continuously build a strong candidate pipeline across all of our businesses and key locations in North America. Post submitting your interest to this specific hiring profile, our Recruitment Team will review your credentials and areas of expertise. Should there be a current or prospective opportunity that is commensurate with your career experience, we will contact you for an exploratory discussion. We appreciate your consideration of QBE as an employer of choice.
This role is responsible for delivering prompt and accurate claims service to policyholders and agents by completing field inspections, communicating with involved parties, performing investigations, determining appropriate adjustments and administering insurance policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Complete field inspections, reviews and adjustments by reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields and storage bins, and appropriately administering company crop insurance policies
* Ensure compliant and cost effective application of crop policies by leveraging knowledge of insurance statutes and regulations and complying with state and federal regulatory requirements
* Build and maintain relationships with customers by providing timely and accurate policy service, answering questions and communicating adjustment determinations
* Accurately document, process and transmit loss information in order to determine potential damages
* Participating in quality control tasks, audits, risk assessments and field reviews
* Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
2 years relevant experience
Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) accreditation
* Clearly and confidently convey information to a wide audience
* Build and maintain professional networks
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Work effectively under pressure; able to comply with tight deadlines
* Collaborate with internal staff and external customers
* Use relevant information and individual judgment to comply with organizational and legal regulations
* Make decisions and act in uncertain and ambiguous situations
* Satisfactory driving record
* Ability to self-start and self-motivate
* Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with others
* Complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
* High attention to detail
* Work independently with little to supervision
* Communicate outside the organization and share information as a positive aid to achieve best practices and objectives
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Experience working in agricultural and farming
* multi-peril crop insurance and/or crop hail claims experience
* general claims adjusting experience
* Strong working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies, procedures and best practices
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural elements:
- We are customer-centered
- We are technical experts
- We are diverse
- We are fast-paced
- We are courageous
- We are accountable
- We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
Frequent (approximately 10+ trips annually)
Field agents: Work is generally performed in both an office environment and remote external environments that may present exposure to adverse environmental conditions dependent on customer location. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Must be able to walk on uneven ground, climb, bend, stoop, use a step, crawl and/or kneel. Incumbent may be exposed to environments that present hazardous weather, chemicals and/or animals. Incumbent must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:0
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.