CDM Smith Transportation Electrification Discipline Lead in Missoula, Montana
As a member of CDM Smith’s Transportation group, the selected candidate will be the Transportation Electrification Discipline Leader supporting our work and efforts in this realm nationwide. This position calls for subject matter expertise and thought leadership around electrification, electric vehicles/fleet, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and battery technologies, as well as expertise and knowledge of electrification and renewable energy policies and legislation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing concepts, strategies, and tactical processes, and be able to design and implement transportation electrification integration into changing grid operations and landscapes.
Critical to this role is a passion for, and experience in mobility, electric vehicles (EVs), and renewable energy. Our team sees a future for decarbonized mobility, and we work with our clients to achieve those goals.
Examples of specific work tasks will include:
• Lead and direct the development of analytics, analysis, evaluation, and development of approaches and processes in support of electric vehicle fleet adoption by clients and customers.
• Provide electrification and renewable energy advisory and design support services to clients nationwide (Federal, state, municipal, transit, school, and commercial customers), including business modeling, financial planning, planning for operations, advising on program development, design, and implementation, advising on market trends, and quantifying opportunities.
• Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis, including financial modeling, cost-benefit analyses, and evaluation of incentives
• Champion R&D initiatives related to green/electrification/renewable energy to support emerging trends and client needs.
• Lead cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in developing and implementing complex strategic efforts working within a matrix structure; collaborate with other practices and initiatives across the firm, in order to advance this evolving discipline.
• Collaborate with and mentor technical staff at varying levels.
• Collaborate with researchers, academics, vendors, and other stakeholders, including industry peers, system integrators, technology experts, and clients, as well as end-user customers.
Transportation Electrification Discipline Lead
Bachelor's degree. 15 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• At least three years of experience focused on electric vehicles or energy services.
• Industry experience in the electric vehicle sector, with specific expertise in but not limited to fleet electrification strategy and/or implementation, charging stations, and hydrogen/fuel cells.
• Demonstrated passion for electric vehicles, climate mitigation, sustainability, resiliency, and clean energy.
• Strong knowledge of transportation electrification trends and the issues facing leaders in the space.
• Actively support the appropriate industry associations and be actively engaged on the appropriate committees that support them.
• A fundamental and deep knowledge of multimodal mobility and broad-based energy networks.
• Experience leading complex projects with large coalitions and/or stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional ability and experience in public speaking
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience.
• Experience in managing junior staff to deliver projects within expected timeframes.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.