Harlow's School Bus Services Transportation Manager/ Mechanic in Noxon, Montana
he Transportation Manager will have ownership of all aspects of Harlow’s School Bus Service business for the site. This will include hiring and developing staff, recruiting and retaining drivers, growing the business aggressively and profitably. This includes full P&L responsibility and leading revenue growth. With the guidance of the Director of Transportation / General Manager, this person will develop a strategic as well as a tactical plan to meet growth and profitability objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop business goals and action plan to promote profitable growth. Facilitate actions to improve performance and drive business transformation.
2. Understand and control cost structure to ensure a high level of profitability. Set measurable goals for all aspects of running a successful line of business (operations, sales, recruiting, safety).
3. Drive accountability for improvement and positive change based upon business objectives and desire to grow the l accounts.
4. Ensure an entrepreneurial spirit and high work ethic that emulates throughout the organization. Ability to demand more than the status quo.
5. Develop a balanced approach that promotes asset utilization, safety, service and driver success. Mentor others within the organization to promote and pursue a deeper level of transportation excellence.
6. Responsible for implementing new methods of managing/dispatching drivers, servicing accounts, recruiting drivers at the local level and taking full ownership of the marketplace.
7. Work to support the service and growth of new and existing accounts.
8. Establish solid business relationships and maintains open, accurate and timely two-way communications with drivers and internal associates.
9. Develop a recruiting plan to hire and retain experienced drivers. Execute with the HR Manager an advertising and marketing campaign to attract drivers.
10. Responsible to ensure line of business comply with HR requirements (EEOC, Affirmative Action and other employment rules and regulations).
11. Identify, hire, mentor and develop associates within line of business as well other areas of Harlow’s including operations, sales, driver recruiting, and safety.
12. Responsible for DOT and OSHA compliance for all locations within area of operational responsibility
13. Ensure all preventive maintenance is performed.
14. Encourages professional driver appearance and behavior.
15. Performs other task as assigned by leadership.
Experience and Skill Requirements
1. Minimum of 5 years successful operations or transportation experience.
2. Four year degree, prefer in business or transportation.
3. Ability to understand and implement P&L, cost control and revenue generation concepts.
4. Excellent problem analysis and critical thinking skills.
5. Ability to lead and develop a high performance environment.
6. Willing to push costs down and grow with entrepreneurial drive.
7. Excellent communication and collaboration skills to ensure success.