St. John's Lutheran Ministries Personal Care Attendant in Red Lodge, Montana
Full-Time Days Evenings with E/O Weekend Off!
Full-Time Nocs 10pm - 6am with E/O Weekend Off!
Responsible for creating a nurturing home for residents and provides care and services to meet their needs within an environment of hope, dignity and love. The Personal Care Attendant works cooperatively and respectfully with residents, coworkers, families, medical staff, visitors and volunteers to create this positive environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to personal care, housekeeping and home maintenance, food preparation and service, activities, recordkeeping and household financial management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- All essential functions will be performed with empathy, dignity and respect of the Elder and will respect and accommodate resident’s individual choices whenever possible. The Personal Care Attendant will also facilitate and help the resident to complete as much of their personal care as possible.
- Provides for the daily hygiene care of the elders to include: bathing, dressing, grooming and related personal care.
- Assists resident to have clothes purchased, laundered, and repaired as needed.
- Responsible for taking and properly recording elder’s vital signs. (i.e., blood pressure, temperature, pulse, etc.).
- Responsible for observing Elders wellbeing (i.e., change in behavior, change in vital signs, etc.) and reporting such changes to the appropriate team member.
- Involves the Elders in maintaining the home whenever possible.
- Cleans all areas of the Elder’s environment according to housekeeping procedures.
- Performs minor household maintenance such as changing light bulbs, tightening cupboard knobs, etc.
- Reports shortages, breakage and malfunctioning of equipment.
- Knows and adheres to fire, emergency, and security policies and procedures.
- Implements infection control measures.
- Plans meals with the Elders and with others in the household to provide an appetizing, balanced and nutritious diet. Facilitates flexibility in meal plan and provision.
- Encourages Elder’s participation in food preparation, service, and clean up.
- Prepares and stores food as per requirements of Serve Safe™ course.
- Encourages and makes available healthy snacks.
- Orders groceries as per procedure.
- Supports the Elders in adhering to special diet requirements as required by the care plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of information about the Elder and his or her family, etc.
- Keeps the Nurse informed of any changes in the Elder’s condition through incidental and formal reports. Reports must be timely based on the type of change observed.
- Work as a productive, supportive and communicative team member.
- Participates actively in team conferences and all other care team meetings.
- Accurately record care and observations on the clinical record of the resident.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for Brown’s Landing and Cottage from appropriate departments.
- Encourage and support meaningful activities for Elders throughout the day using living opportunities, i.e., meal preparation, laundry, visiting as well as structured activities when possible. REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must complete the SJU CNA Course within 6 months from hire date. Must obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.