NW MT HR Solutions LLC Advertising Sales Manager in Thompson Falls, Montana
Local newspaper has the ideal position for an experienced advertising professional. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative, and sales-minded to provide superior service when managing promotions, projects, and campaigns designed to help our customers and potential customers see success in both their print and online advertising. No experience? We will train the right person - someone who is great at building relationships, persuasive, and has a passion for sales and marketing.
Employer offers great wage, benefits including retirement, holidays off, and fun work environment!
• Ensures orders are efficiently and accurately handled and customers are treated politely.
• Oversees invoicing and billing for all classified, legal and display advertising, and assists, as needed, in the billing department.
• Designs engaging, accurate display advertising, schedules advertisements in the weekly publication and special publications.
• Verifies placement and accuracy of all advertising.
• Collaborates with the Editor and other team members to develop special promotions or offers meant to increase the use of classified and display advertising, as well as the department’s revenue.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with current and potential advertisers, providing excellent customer service and explaining the benefits of making a commitment for advertising usage in exchange for favorable contract rates.
• Makes a minimum of 20 calls per week for new advertisements or promotions, documenting all contacts and turning in the report weekly.
• Communicates with existing advertisers at least once a quarter, documents contacts and adjusts ongoing ads as needed.
• Assists other departments, including the front desk, as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Illustrator and InDesign, and Corel Draw.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple administrative duties.
• Ability to treat all customers and employees and customers in a polite and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• At least two years of office experience.
• Experience in classified and display advertising department preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a one-hour lunch