Billings Clinic Nutritional Services Broadwater in TOWNSEND, Montana
Nutritional Services Broadwater
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
1.00 = 80 hours
The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing all duties in the kitchen and cafeteria during patient and employee meal services. The Nutrition Services Assistant is flexible and knowledgeable in all preparation of the meals using a therapeutic menu, standardized recipes and exchange lists for consistent products in accordance with Physician and/or Dietitian recommendations to meet dietary requirements of each patient. Additional responsibilities include assisting with paperwork and supply ordering to meet the needs of the department.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Responsible for cooperating and supporting each other’s work responsibilities through the shift.
• Prepares food involving rinsing, chopping, and cooking of fruits, vegetables, and meats for patient and employee menus.
• Follows established menus, recipes and menu substitutions for therapeutic diet orders.
• Operates all the equipment in the kitchen safely and efficiently.
• Records temperatures on log for walk-in cooler/freezer, and other refrigerators.
• Records at proper time increments and temperature recording of all potentially hazardous hot or cold foods.
• Adheres to food safety and sanitation policies/regulations.
• Deliver patient trays and plate services for meals and snack services.
• Coordinates cafeteria retail services including customer service, plating meals and cashiering.
• Participates in recording food inventory of commonly used items on the menu. Coordinates needs with Registered Dietician.
• Performs annual inventory of supplies with nutrition services team.
• Performs stocking and appropriate rotation methods of food inventory and received in dry, cold, and freezer storage.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment & dishware used in meal preparation in accordance with established infection control guidelines.
Keeps working area sanitary and organized. Follows daily cleaning schedules and any extra requirements as instructed by the Registered Dietician or other member of the leadership team.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships between other nutrition services staff and nursing staff.
Respect patients and their rights in a confidential and courteous manner. Interact cooperatively with co-workers and extra-departmental personnel to contribute to a positive work environment.
Be responsible for personal work and in-service attendance, time and attendance, reading policies and procedures, MSDS, Safety and Sanitation, and Fire Safety Manuals.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit health care organization in Billings, Montana with approximately 4,000 employees, including over 400 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality (https://www.billingsclinic.com/quality-safety/) .
Billings Clinic is comm itted to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.