Bar W Guest Ranch Marketing Coordinator/Director in Whitefish, Montana
Title: Marketing Coordinator/Director
Reports to: General Manager / Managing Partner
In the role of Marketing and Sales, the first responsibility is to ensure that ranch’s image and reputation is established and maintained as an informal, high quality, professional, customer focused facility. This is to be accomplished through providing focused, consistent, and high quality customer service and outreach in a professional manner at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the administration, organization, and coordination of all office systems and databases as they relate to marketing and sales. Working with the General Manager and Managing Partner on organizational activities and specialized events. Working with outside marketing agencies for pay per click campaigns, Google analytics, website, and social media campaigns. Utilization and updating various web-sites Bar W is listed on. Creating ads for print media. Working with affiliated Dude Ranch Associations to capitalize on membership. Working with Chambers of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, Montana Tourism, Expedia, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, foreign Tour Operators, and travel agents. This position will also be involved with communicating with and booking guests as well as other duties as assigned. This is a ranch, so the successful candidate may be involved in helping in all areas of the Ranch’s operations.
1. First you will need to learn what we do, how we do it, why we do it that way and then do it our way prior to suggesting changes.
2. Work to establish the ranch as a preferred destination in Internationally, Nationally, Regionally, in Montana, Flathead Valley, and local Whitefish.
3. Establish a solid working relationship with Montana Tourism Bureau, Glacier Country, Chambers of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, and attend meetings.
4. Establish solid working relationships with marketing agencies, industry associations, area outfitters , businesses, and travel organizations
5. Fine tune all office systems - filing, computer, organizational flow, phones, supplies and databases
6. Assist with booking guests and coordinating guest schedules
7. Work with the Bar W team to develop and implement new vacation experiences
• Manage all third-party website listings
• Research and identify new listing possibilities
• Design and implement monthly e-mail blasts to database
• Coordinate with outside agencies to manage pay-per-click campaigns
• Manage and make required adjustments to website using Word Press
• Create and upload blogs to the web-site on a monthly basis or sooner
• Be responsible for photos taken on the ranch for marketing purposes include website updates
• Manage social marketing campaign - Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest
• Make recommendations for print and online advertising
• Participate in Association co-op opportunities
• Track analytics of ad performance
• Design and create multiple ads using Adobe Creative Cloud
• Improve and update direct mailer material as necessary
• Work with and coordinate with public relations outlets including travel writers, cause marketing campaigns, donations, and magazine articles
• Manage Association Memberships and vendor contracts
• Continually research travel marketing opportunities and contacts
• Actively participation in brand reputation management using review websites
• Record all guest comments
• Manage ranch pricing strategy updating all necessary materials
• Oversee the creation of memory DVD’s for each package guest during the summer months
Chamber of Commerce / Convention Bureaus / State Tourism/ Other Travel Organizations
• Work with travel organizations to maximize Bar W exposure and participation
• Attend meetings regarding Montana tourism
• Identify opportunities for Bar W personal to attend and participate
• Update all event calendars and listing information
• Utilize marketing tools established by organizations
• Responding to inquiries and following up and through
• Book reservations (will be required to complete RezStream System Training)
• Manage and Coordinate Events - corporate, weekend, weddings, dinners, etc.
• Prior experience using computers including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Programs
• Excellent communication and people skills-both verbal and written
• 3 years prior experience in marketing and sales preferably in hospitality or tourism industries.
• 3 years experience utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and other social platforms for the marketing of a commercial facility - preferably in hospitality or tourism industries.
Behavioral & Physical Requirements
• The ideal candidate must be a team player, have a “can do” attitude, is flexible, and self motivated
• Ability to work well with people while providing the best vacation experience to each guest
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, problems and requirements concurrently.
• Ability to feel comfortable being around horses.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to bend, stoop and reach without restriction.
• Ability to lift up to 75 - 100 pounds